Apply by: November 30, 2016
Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) is currently inviting women from Asia Pacific countries with relevant experience and skills to apply for the position of Programme Officer.
Asia Pacific Forum on Women, Law and Development (APWLD) is currently inviting women from Asia Pacific countries with relevant experience and skills to apply for the position of Programme Officer. The successful applicant will work with our committed team and membership to advance women’s labour rights, organising power and advocate for economic justice.
APWLD is a regional network of women’s organisations and activists in Asia Pacific, committed to women’s rights and feminist movements. APWLD’s members are drawn from 25 countries and the secretariat is based in Chiang Mai, Thailand.
The officer may be based in Chiang Mai, in Malaysia or with a member organisation in the region (subject to discussion). The position will report directly to the Regional Coordinator of APWLD.
- Demonstrated commitment to the promotion of women’s human rights in Asia Pacific;
- Experience and knowledge of organising strategies to advance social and feminist movements;
- A degree in social sciences; law, human rights or women’s studies;
- Knowledge of international human rights and development issues in Asia Pacific;
- In-depth understanding of the political, economic and socio-cultural environments in the region;
- Minimum of five years experience in development work and women’s rights at the national or regional level;
- High level project management skills including programme planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse, membership driven network;
- Excellent command of English language, both oral and written and demonstrated ability to write for movements as well as program reports and project proposals;
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to network in a multi-cultural environment and to develop strong professional relationships with members and other stakeholders;
- Proficient ICT skills including ability to lead development of programme content for website and social media ;
- Must be able to travel overseas as required.
- Coordinates implementation of activities of the programme as detailed in the programme plan (includes capacity building, research, campaigns, materials production, advocacy)
- Drafts statements, submissions and position papers;
- Conducts monitoring and evaluation of programmes;
- Writes and summits programme reports for members and donor agencies;
- Assists in the preparation of project proposals and budgetary requirements for donor agencies;
- Assists the Finance Officer with the preparation of financial reports related to her programmes;
- Works with the communications officer and members to develop publications & educative materials related to her programmes;
Salary range commences at the equivalent of USD 1500 per month. Other benefits include contributions to employment pension fund; housing allowance and relocation allowances for staff required to re-locate to Chiang Mai.
A probationary period of four months applies.
How to apply?
Interested applicants should submit the following:
- application letter that expressly addresses the selection criteria
- three referees (at least 2 of which must be professional with preference that one is an APWLD member)
- a sample of work that demonstrates the applicants knowledge and skills in the area (may be a short narrative piece of work, a report, a programme plan).
These documents are to be submitted to:
email: [email protected]
Tel: (66) 53 284527, 284856
Fax: (66) 53 280847
Applications should be received by 30th November 2016.