Apply by: September 4, 2014
Organization: United Nations Development Programme
The Sector Officer supervise consultants and work in close collaboration with programme, operations in the CO, technical advisors, experts, Government officials, and other relevant stakeholders to successfully implement the UNDP project.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Effective implementation of Output 2: Enhanced knowledge and skills of judges & court staff and strengthened capacity of the Supreme Court Training Centre and ensure effective implementation and achievement of results
- Effective contribution in planning, budgeting and effective management of the Output 2
- Maintain partnerships for project implementation with implementing partners
- Provides top quality support services to the nationally implemented projects
- Facilitation of knowledge building and management, producing and disseminating lesson learnt from designated projects and support to the promotion of cross-project, cross-unit knowledge fertilization
- Demonstrating/safeguarding ethics and integrity
- Demonstrate corporate knowledge and sound judgment
- Self-development, initiative-taking
- Acting as a team player and facilitating team work
- Facilitating and encouraging open communication in the team, communicating effectively
- Creating synergies through self-control
- Managing conflict
- Learning and sharing knowledge and encourage the learning of others.
- Informed and transparent decision making
Bachelor or Master degree in Law, Politics, Public Adminstration or development or other relevant fields of study would be desirable.
- Minimum with 6 years of relevant experience for candidate with Bachelor Degree or 2 years’ relevant experience for candidate with Master Degree in providing management advisory services, hands-on experience in design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments.
- Experience including analytical work, programme/project development in the areas of legal and/or justice sector reform
- Working experience networking with the private sector, CSO, university will be highly desirable
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc), advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, and handling of web based management systems will be advantage.
- Good knowledge about rules, procedures of UN/UNDP will be highly desirable.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is an absolute necessity;
- Fluency in written and spoken Bahasa Indonesia is required.