Apply by: August 10, 2015
Organization: Cambodian Human Rights Action Committee (CHRAC)
CHRAC is a coalition of Cambodian human rights organizations united by a common desire to work together to protect and promote human rights for the Cambodian people. By working together through CHRAC, members believe they can achieve more to improve the human rights situation in Cambodia than they could do acting independently of one another.
Position Title: Project Officer – Green Voices Cambodia
The Project Officer supports the Project Manager at CHRAC in organizing and implementing activities of the Green Voices Cambodia project within the specified timeframe and budget. This project will be in partnership with the British NGO Article 19 and will pursue the objectives of enhancing the security and technical skills for human rights defenders in Cambodia.
- Support the Project Manager in the implementation of the project activities within the specified timeframe and within budget.
- Establish systems in collaboration with project team members to fulfill accountability requirements and support achievement of short and long term objectives.
- Assume responsibility for logistics, organizing events, acquisition and dissemination of resources necessary to implement project activities.
- Work collaboratively with the project team to gather and manage data for monitoring, evaluation and reporting purposes.
- Communicate regularly, formally and informally, with other members of the project team to contribute to efficient and effective project delivery and achieving outcomes.
- Provide input to the design of training materials, trial and contribute to evaluation towards improving training materials and delivery.
- Conduct trainings for Cambodian human rights defenders and provide appropriate post-training support.
- Engage with stakeholders to implement strategies for education and raising public awareness consistent with objectives of the project.
- University graduate degree in topics related to project management, international/community development, sociology, international relations.
- Minimum two years’ work experience in a related field.
- Fluent in Khmer and very good English (written and spoken)
- Strong computer skills: MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet research and email communications.
- Knowledge and interest in human rights issues in Cambodia.
- Interest in conducting workshops and training adults, including participants with low Khmer literacy levels.
- Knowledge of inclusive project development principles and sensitivity to gender, marginalized populations and intercultural groups.
- Interest in developing and using Information Communication Technology tools.
- Knowledge and interest in issues regarding human rights and the environment, technology and media.
This position is for a Cambodian national only
Salary $650.00/month + benefits
Applicants MUST fill in the Employment Application Form, which can be downloaded from the CHRAC website: http://www.chrac.org/eng/ The Employment Application Form will be used to assess your writing skills.
Please read the detailed Position Description, the Overview of CHRAC and Project, and the information How to Prepare your Application on http://www.chrac.org/eng/ before completing your application.
Applicants MUST send their applications including the completed Employment Application Form addressing the Selection Criteria and a CV to below email.
Applications not submitted on the Employment Application Form will not be considered.
- Applications are required in English.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Interviews will be conducted in English.
CHRAC is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Previous applicants will NOT be considered
If you have any inquiries on how to apply, please contact us by phone.
# 9E0, St. 330, Sangkat Boeung Keng Kong III, Khan Chamcar Morn, Phnom Penh
015 944 975 (Mobile)
Email : [email protected]