Apply by: May 23, 2016
Organization: Cambodian Center for Human Rights (CCHR)
CCHR is seeking to recruit one (1) Cambodian candidate for the position of Project Intern. This is a full time position for a period of six (6) months, based in Phnom Penh. The selected candidates will work closely with the Protecting Fundamental Freedoms Project “PFF” which aims to promote and protect fundamental freedoms – freedom of expression, assembly and association in Cambodia.
- Recent university graduated or year-4 university student in law or related field;
- Decent command in English language (communication and writing) is an asset;
- Passion for Human Rights, democracy development and rule of law;
- Honest, creative, flexible, hardworking, able to accept different opinions and willing to improve self-development skills;
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office, Internet and Email is preferable;
- No work experience is required.
- Provide administrative support to the project Committee as directed by the project coordinator;
- Create case files of and keep them updated;
- Monitor cases at trial hearings where required;
- Provide support in preparation of lawyers’ reports;
- Provide support in organizing training and other meetings;
- Apply the organization’s policies and maintain the organization’s resources.
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates are invited to submit CVs and letter of interest to our office address: #798, Street 99, Sangkat Boeung Trabek, Khan Chamkamorn, Phnom Penh, Phone number: 023 726 901 or via email at [email protected] with indicate the application title/email subject “Intern for Protecting Fundamental Freedoms Project”. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
The deadline for the submission of applications: 23 May 2016, at 5:00 pm
Women and Candidates with disadvantaged backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.