Apply by: August 29, 2014
Organization: International Organization for Migration
Under the overall supervision of the Regional Director (RD), the direct supervision of the Migration Policy Advisor, and in close coordination with the RSO Co-Managers, the successful candidate will be accountable for the management and coordination of projects
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Manage, monitor, oversee and support the timely implementation of project activities. Provide timely reporting on activities following the project documentation and donor requirements.
- Interact and liaise with Bali Process countries’ representatives, relevant government institutions, United Nations agencies, experts, and other stakeholders to ensure that the planning and implementation of the project is coordinated within the broader domestic and regional framework.
- Identify governments interested in taking a lead on RSO activities, including through designating officials to be part of a Bali Process drafting committee.
- Organize and participate in consultations with the relevant government institutions, other stakeholders and technical experts to understand the needs of the project. Lead discussions as related to the project(s).
- Coordinate and lead workshop(s) for government officials and relevant stakeholders to identify challenges and needs and to explore participants’ availability to contribute to planned activities.
- Coordinate the establishment of a drafting committee(s) and draft relevant terms of reference for the committee(s).
- Coordinate meetings of the drafting committee, review committee members’ inputs and provide inputs and draft minutes of meeting, as requested.
- Identify best practices and lessons learned related to the project, drawing on institutional experience of IOM and of Bali Process members. Develop standardized questionnaires to obtain information and conduct analysis of results, as required.
- Take responsibility for the planning, development, review, coordination and finalization of end products, e.g. two regional Bali Process policy guides on human trafficking and Bali Process thematic briefs to be adopted by the Bali Process membership. Develop a dissemination and visibility strategy for final products.
- Develop and design regional matrices of resources to complement the policy guides and the thematic brief.
- Identify consultants for engagement within the framework of the project; plan their activities and ensure they deliver in line with the requested quality standards and timelines.
- Ensure consistency with related Bali Process activities, including the Bali Process Roster of Experts and previous Bali Process policy guides.
- Provide advice and/or support to the work of other RSO projects in the area of migration policy, as required.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Political or Social Science, Business Administration, International Relations, Law or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience working in the field of migration and migration policy;
- Experience in project design as well as project implementation and management;
- Experience in liaising with governmental and diplomatic authorities as well as with international institutions;
- Knowledge of project monitoring and evaluation. Languages Fluency in English is required.