Apply by: September 29, 2014
Organization: The Cambodian League for the Promotion and Defense of Human Rights [LICADHO]
Cambodian League for the Promotion and Defense of Human Rights (LICADHO) is a non-governmental, non-profit and non-political human rights organization established in July 1992. With a central office and thirteen provincial offices, LICADHO aims to promote human rights and the rule of law.
LICADHO is seeking a qualified internal or external Cambodian candidate as Prison Project Supervisor based in Phnom Penh. The purpose of the position is to assist and supervise a team of Prison Project Researchers based in Phnom Penh and provinces to interview detainees and monitor prison conditions.
Job Requirement :
- Strong research, interview, analytical, networking and communication skills
- Bachelor degree in law, political science or related field
- At least 3 years working experience with local NGO or OI and/or UN agencies
- Able to work effectively with project staff, local authorities and other stakeholders
- Proven ability to plan, manage, prioritize , organize and meet deadlines
- Honest, hardworking, open to learning and able to lead a team under minimum supervision
- Excellent writing/oral skills in Khmer, preference to candidates who are fluent in writing/oral skills in English
Job Duties :
- Develop, manage and supervise project activities and staff
- Assist to interview and intervene on complex or/and high profile cases
- Analyze and document trends and key issues relating to high profile cases, detention conditions and/or emerging detention issues
- Initiate and lead legal and social reforms related to project findings
- Liaise, communicate and follow up with project staff, partners, UN agencies, prison officials and other government officials
- Assist to organize and conduct technical training
- Participate in relevant workshops and meetings
- Perform other administrative and reporting project requirements
How to apply :
Qualified candidates should bring their CV with two references and a letter of interest to LICADHO, #16, Street 99, Chamkamorn, Phnom Penh or email below.
Please do not send these documents via fax or phone.
Application deadline: September 29, 2014
Announcement of short list: October 3, 2014
Interview date: October 11, 2014
Date of final results: October 17, 2014 Remarks:
Female and disabled candidates are encouraged to apply
Application is free of charge
Applications which are not short listed will not be returned