Apply by: January 9, 2022
Organization: Sydney Southeast Asia Studies Center
Location: Sydney, Australia
The Sydney Southeast Asia Center (SSEAC) of the University of Sydney is seeking applications for the position of Knowledge Translation Officer. The deadline for applications is on 9 January 2022, 11:59 pm (Australian Eastern Standard Time).
The Knowledge Transition Officer is responsible for collating and producing communications material on the work of SSEAC’s researchers and alumni, liaising with other professional service units as required in order to fulfil these tasks.
As a Knowledge Translation Officer, your key responsibilities will be to:
- Report to the Director and work in a team of 6
- Build a register of SSEAC members’ Southeast Asia research and capacity building projects
- Produce communications material on the work of the Centre’s researchers for internal & external media
- Liaise with stakeholders around the University to collect research & news for communications material
- Produce new articles with the University’s Media team, & promote media engagement with the Centre
- Work with SSEAC members to develop articles for publication in Southeast Asian media outlets
- Design and produce the Yearbook in consultation with the Director plus a range of stakeholders
- A degree in communications, Southeast Asian Studies, or another relevant discipline
experience producing and editing copy that meets editorial requirements and strategic objectives
- Able to tailor your writing style for different audiences and different media relevant work experience in media, communications, and publishing demonstrated awareness of Southeast Asia and its range of cultures experience working in a complex multi-faceted organisation
Sponsorship / Work Rights for Australia
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. For a continuing position, you must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or an Australian Permanent Resident. Australian Temporary Residents currently employed at the University of Sydney may be considered for a fixed term contract for the length of their visa, depending on the requirements of the hiring area and the position.
For more information about this vacancy, click here.
To apply for this vacancy, click here.