Apply by: July 18, 2014
Organization: ASEAN SOGIE Caucues
The ASEAN SOGIE Caucus (ASC) is a regional organization of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer (LGBTIQ) individuals and groups in Southeast Asia that advocates and lobbies for the inclusion of sexual orientation, gender identity and expression (SOGIE) in the ASEAN.
Loosely formed in 2011 during the ASEAN Civil Society Conference / ASEAN People’s Forum (ACSC/APF) in Jakarta, Indonesia, the ASC at present has been able to continue asserting LGBTIQ rights in ASEAN and has gained increasing allies from mainstream society, marginalized sectors working in ASEAN and State actors. And as ASC continues to work for LGBTIQ rights in ASEAN, we have unanimously decided to formalize the network and implement projects to strengthen the work ASEAN SOGIE Caucus and have our regional office based in Quezon City, Philippines.
In this regard, we are inviting human rights activists from Southeast Asia to apply for the ASC Coordinator position. A detailed job description and list of requirements are outlined for interested applicants for the position.
The Coordinator will report directly to the ASC core member and will be responsible in the day-to-day operations of the ASC. The ASC Coordinator is expected to understand and commit to the vision, mission and goals of the ASC to successfully implement the ASEAN SOGIE Caucus’ activities.
TENURE OF WORK
The tenure of the ASC Coordinator shall be three years and will be evaluated annually by the ASC Core and Board members.
- Spearhead and assist the ASEAN SOGIE Caucus Core members in developing and coordinating the implementation of projects and activities of the ASEAN SOGIE Caucus based on approved strategic plans.
- Oversee the successful and impact-oriented program initiatives to fulfill the strategic objective of the ASEAN SOGIE Caucus.
- Manage, monitor, and provide evaluation or feedback to ASC projects, campaigns, and programs.
- Ensure adherence of ASC core and support members to the ASC Membership and OperationalGuidelines
- Provides regular updates to the ASC Core on relevant news, partnerships, and funding opportunities related to ASEAN work.
- Coordinates monthly regular meeting of ASC Core members and special working groups.
- Represent the ASC in local, regional, and International events as needed.
- Initiate and coordinate advocacy and lobby work with new networks and maintain partnerships with ASEAN states, regional groups, the media, and International allies to increase the advantageof the ASEAN SOGIE Caucus.
- Provides the ASC Core and the Board of Trustees reports, memoranda, accounts, and data required from the ASC Coordinator.
- Manage the ASC office, including receiving regular activity reports and conducting periodic progress reviews.
- Oversee and manage the ASC office, including all equipment.
- Directly manage the work and responsibilities of the ASC Finance officer and Administrative Assistant.
- Oversee the management of the ASC funds, expenditures, and identify funding needs.
PREPARATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 2 years LGBTIQ related work is a must.
- Minimum 2 years regional work in ASEAN is a plus.
- Excellent written and oral communication and diplomatic skills.
- Exceptional time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and meet multiple deadlines.
- Highly motivated and has the ability to work individually and as apart of a team.
- Strong computer skills literacy in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet search (INTERNET SAVVY) is a must.
- Willing to relocate to Manila, Philippines
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume/CV, and relevant materials to King Oey at [email protected] Please put “ASC Coordinator” in the email subject line.