Apply by: June 24, 2022
Organization: Media Defence
Location: London, United Kingdom
Media Defence is looking to hire a consultant to conduct an independent evaluation of our work. We are acting as a sub-grantee as part of ICNL’s ‘Countering Authoritarianism through Civil Society Empowerment in the Indo-Pacific’ project (CAIP). The aim of the project is to empower civil society to respond to authoritarian measures enacted by governments throughout the Indo-Pacific region in response to COVID-19. It will do so by promoting international standards around emergency measures, free expression, independent media, access to information, and other fundamental freedoms including public participation and free assembly.
We are looking for an external evaluator to carry out an independent evaluation of the success of the project, and provide us with learning. They will be responsible for creating evaluation tools, creating an evaluation plan and writing a final report.
The consultant should have demonstrable experience in:
- the monitoring and evaluation sector (at least three years’ experience)
- carrying out evaluations for NGOs and charities, preferably involving projects in the Indo-Pacific region
- developing tools, instruments and evaluation frameworks or be comfortable with conducting interviews and focus groups for evaluations remotely
- The full Terms of Reference can be found here ICNL-TORCGAV.
Please send your proposal to [email protected] no later than Friday, 24th June 2022, including:
- Methodology and approach
- A summary of relevant experience of the agency and/or individuals involved
- Examples of previous relevant evaluations carried out and tools developed
- Consideration of ethics and risks
- Detailed cost breakdown
- Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interview in early July 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]