Apply by: August 4, 2017
Organization: Action Group on Erosion, Technology and Concentration (ETC Group)
ETC Group is an international civil society organization that monitors the impact of emerging technologies and corporate strategies on biodiversity, agriculture and human rights. We operate at the global political level.
Position Title: ADMINISTRATIVE AND FINANCE MANAGER
Location: Davao City, Philippines
Starting Date: 4 September 2017
ETC Group is an international civil society organization that monitors the impact of emerging technologies and corporate strategies on biodiversity, agriculture and human rights. We operate at the global political level. We work closely with partner civil society organizations (CSOs) and social movements, especially in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We are 8 staff members with offices in Guelph and Montreal in Canada, Mexico City in Mexico and in Davao City, Philippines. Despite the distance between us, we work closely together in a collective manner, communicating via Skype, e-mail, telephone, teleconference and travel. For details on the work of ETC Group please see www.etcgroup.org
Working in close cooperation with a small but dynamic international team, under the general direction of the incoming Co-Directors, the Administrative and Finance Manager ensures the effective functioning of ETC Group’s newly-established office in Davao City, coordination with other offices of the organization and is responsible for the organization’s overall administrative and financial operations. The position shall be based in Davao City, thus locally-based applicants are highly preferred.
- Financial management includes: monitor payrolls and banking operations; prepare budgets and monthly financial reporting in collaboration with part-time accountant; monitor regional financial statements and accounts payable/receivable in collaboration with part-time bookkeeper; prepare travel advance and invoices; prepare and provide support for the annual audit; ensure timely payment of bills and other account payables.
- General administration of the Davao office and coordination with the other offices of the organization as a whole includes: manage corporation status and Board of Trustees and Executive Committee affairs; oversee bi-annual staff meeting logistics.
- Human resources management includes: keep up-to-date staff employment contracts and salaries, benefits, leaves and holidays, and, as needed, help recruit and monitor consultancy work.
- Grant-related responsibilities include: review contracts from funders; prepare disbursement requests; monitor reporting requirements to ensure compliance; prepare budgets for grant submissions; prepare financial reports for funders; monitor specific projects expenses.
- Provide general support to program staff related to communications, document production and logistics.
The ideal candidate must have:
- proven experience in financial management;
- proven experience in office administration/services;
- demonstrated organizational and logistical skills;
- demonstrated ability to organize/prioritize a demanding, responsive multi-task workload, and to take initiative and be flexible;
- capacity to work under pressure in a self-directed manner and to collaborate with others in an international, multi-office, collegial team situation;
- excellent communications skills in English and Filipino; fluency in French and/or Spanish an asset;
- excellent computer skills including proficiency with standard office software (e.g., Microsoft Word and Excel)
- excellent inter-personal skills
- a commitment to ETC Group’s values, vision and direction
- interest and willingness to work in collective structures an asset
- experience working in an NGO and /or working on issues related to biodiversity, the environment and human rights an asset
- good sense of humour!
SALARY: commensurate with qualifications and experience. ETC Group also provides benefit package and vacations.
TO APPLY: Please submit a letter and CV via email only to the incoming Co-Directors, ETC Group at: <email@example.com>. Please write the job title “Administration and Finance Manager” in the subject line when responding.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Friday, August 4th at 11:59 PM (Philippine Standard Time)
Ms. Elenita (Neth) Daño
Action Group on Erosion, Technology and Concentration (ETC Group)
Door 3 3rd floor JRT Building
GSIS Village, G3 McArthur Highway
Matina, Davao City 8000 Philippines
P.O. Box 81630
Davao City, Philippines
Office No.: +63-82-224-7390
Mobile No.: +63-917-5329369
ETC Group works to address the socioeconomic and ecological issues surrounding new technologies that could have an impact on the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. We investigate ecological erosion (including the erosion of cultures and human rights); the development of new technologies (especially agricultural but also other technologies that work with genomics and matter); and we monitor global governance issues including corporate concentration and trade in technologies. We operate at the global political level. We work closely with partner civil society organizations (CSOs) and social movements, especially in Africa, Asia and Latin America.