June 8, 2016 - June 8, 2016
The Forum is aimed at reviewing the situation of Rohingya and Bangladeshi survivors of human trafficking from 2015.
Progress of Combating Trafficking in Persons of Rohingya and Bangladeshi Survivors in Thailand
The Sub-Committee on Civil Rights of the National Human Rights Commission of Thailand (NHRCT), chaired by Ms. Angkhana Neelapaijit, a National Human Right’s Commissioner, co-hosted by by the Coalition for the Rights of Refugees and Stateless Persons (CRSP), Migrant Working Group (MWG), Asylum Access Thailand (ATT), Fortify Rights, Human Rights and Development Foundation (HRDF), and the Institute of Human Rights and Peace Studies invites you to attend the:”Public Forum: on Anniversary of Andaman Sea Refugee Crisis and Progress of Combating Trafficking in Persons towards Rohingya and Bangladeshi Survivors.”
The Forum is aimed at reviewing the situation of Rohingya and Bangladeshi survivors of human trafficking from 2015. The review will be conducted from different dimensions comprising of the NHRCT, academics, activities, and legal groups whom have extensively followed the issue. The presentations and discussions will address various topics, such as regional action and initiatives on trafficking; the situation of survivors in Thailand; the progress and challenges facing the judiciaries; and the role and work of NHRCT towards survivors of human trafficking in Thailand.
- Ms.Parinya Boonridrerthaikul, AAT Director
- Ms. Angkhana Neelaphaijit, Chair of Civil Rights Sub Committee, NHRCT
- Mr. Siwawong Sukthawee, Coordinator, Migrant Working Group (MWG)
- Dr. Sriprapha Petcharamesree, Institute of Human Rights and Peace Studies, Mahidol University
- Ms. Puttanee Kangkan, Thailand Human Rights Specialist, Fortify Rights
- Papop Siamhan, Anti Trafficking Coordinator, Human Rights and Development Foundation (HRDF)
The event will take place at:
When: Wednesday June 8, 2016, 13:00 – 16:00
Where: Royal Benja Hotel
Benjaporn Room at Sukhumvit 5, Bangkok